The first recorded transaction for this property occurred on May 12, 1784 when Francisco Landreaux petitioned for his share of his parent's estate. The estimated value at that time was 3,000 pesos.
In 1833 a home was constructed on the site for Honore Landreaux Jr., a direct descendant of the original landowners and designed by Correjoiles and Chaigneau.
Until the 1940's the building remained a private home. In the 1950's, part of it was transformed into a public "washateria" or laundromat. In the 1960's, the building was refurbished and reopened as a hotel, The Nobel Arms Inn.
Room-by-room, a $500,000 restoration began in June 2001 by renowned architect and interior designer, Lee Ledbetter, including the addition of a large restaurant space. Original artwork by local artist, Edward Whiteman, was created to complement the design of the guest rooms and public spaces.
Formerly owned and operated by well-known real estate developer and Louisiana Native, Sidney Torres, Hotel Royal was sold to local entrepreneur and owner of two large, local hotel conglomerates, Joe Jager. Hotel Royal is now one of six properties known together as the French Quarter Hotel Collection. Hotel Royal went under renovations in September 2011 to restore the historic building with the quintessential charm and easy-going style synonymous with New Orleans.